Sunday, April 25, 2010

The never ending fight

I think I can share this frustration with a lot of people- the never ending fight of loosing weight.  Time and time again I have said I was going to loose weight and work out.  But time and time again I fail.  I have lost weight in the past but then put it back on.  It is a roller coaster going up and down.  Right now one thing that hinders my goal to loose weight are the infertility medicines and hormones I have to take to try to conceive (see post The sun will come out tomorrow).

So this time I am determined- in a sense I keep telling myself that there is no other option and that if I loose some weight everything bad will become good (now I honestly know that there is no way this can happen but a girl has to do what I girl has to do in order to get things done).

So after talking to my OB/Gyn0-endocrinologist- she told me to try to stick to 1,800 calories a day.  Now honestly I thought this was going to be hard to do.  Well I found a website called of all things Fat Secret where you can track what you eat plus your exercises.  You can also...
  • Create your own personalized diet
  • Join challenges and groups
  • Share your diet with friends (and the world)
  • Find information about all the popular diets you've heard about
  • Discover what works - how people are doing on various diets
  • Record your progress and track your performance against your buddies
  • Record the food you eat and exercise you do in your diet calendar
  • Find ingredients and recipes that are right for your diet
  • Search for diets that fit your lifestyle and needs
  • Discuss your personal diet or any popular diet
  • And so much more...
So far so good and I have lost weight the first week- however some days I don't get enough calories in but I am not starving myself.  I also found myfitnesspal.com that does some of the same things (but I love that you can great a badge to show your progress).

Now I am working towards small goals in order to reach my large goal. I figure I will get discourage if I work just towards my overall end goal because it will take forever to get there. So I set my ones... right now I want to loose 30 lbs.  Now I have me Wii and a few games for working out and we have/had an elliptical but today we bought a recumbent bike that we both can use.

So off I go hoping to reach my goal! Down 3 lbs week 1

Calorie Counter
MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods


Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on the Tales of One Woman's Dream blog are now DOFOLLOW. All comments are welcome, however, anonymous negative comments will be deleted. I will also not post any racist, sexist, or otherwise bigoted comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails