Tuesday, July 29, 2014

One Pot Wonder with Andouille Sausage

Pintrest seems to be becoming everyone best friend or addiction.  I once again started a new board called “One Pot Wonders” because my life as a Wife, Mother to 3 yr old twins and a full time teacher (among of titles and roles) doesn’t leave much time to prepare 5 course meals, etc. 

I made a “One Pot Wonder” last week from Dam Delicious and picked another one from there to try – it was a HIT with everyone again. 

Note: We did deviate from the recipe a tad and I will make note of it below

“One Pot Wonder”




Ingredients:
  • 1 pound spaghetti
  • 1 (12.8-ounce) package smoked andouille sausage, thinly sliced
  • 1 large onion, thinly sliced
  • 3 cups halved grape tomatoes (I just bought a carton and used that without measuring)
  • 2 cups basil leaves (I didn’t measure this out just added what I thought was enough)
  • 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced (I have pre-minced garlic and I used 2 heaping spoonfuls)
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 1 cup grated Parmesan (I used shredded and more than a cup)
  • 2 tbsp of butter (This was my own addition)*
  • Sliced Baby Portabella Mushrooms (This was my own addition)*


Directions:
  1. In a Dutch Oven over medium high heat, combine spaghetti, sausage, onion, mushrooms, tomatoes, basil, garlic and 4 1/2 cups water; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
  2. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until pasta is cooked through and liquid has reduced, about 8-10 minutes. Stir in Parmesan and butter.



Notes:
  • We added the butter to add some creaminess to it.  We were going to had about ¼ cup of heavy cream but ours had gone bad
  • We wanted some more veggies and we love mushrooms
  • Adapted from Dam Delicious



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on the Tales of One Woman's Dream blog are now DOFOLLOW. All comments are welcome, however, anonymous negative comments will be deleted. I will also not post any racist, sexist, or otherwise bigoted comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails