Pintrest seems to be becoming everyone best friend or addiction. I once again started a new board called “One Pot Wonders” because my life as a Wife, Mother to 3 yr old twins and a full time teacher (among of titles and roles) doesn’t leave much time to prepare 5 course meals, etc.
I made a “One Pot Wonder” last week from Dam Delicious and picked another one from there to try – it was a HIT with everyone again.
Note: We did deviate from the recipe a tad and I will make note of it below
“One Pot Wonder”
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 (12.8-ounce) package smoked andouille sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cups halved grape tomatoes (I just bought a carton and used that without measuring)
- 2 cups basil leaves (I didn’t measure this out just added what I thought was enough)
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced (I have pre-minced garlic and I used 2 heaping spoonfuls)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup grated Parmesan (I used shredded and more than a cup)
- 2 tbsp of butter (This was my own addition)*
- Sliced Baby Portabella Mushrooms (This was my own addition)*
- In a Dutch Oven over medium high heat, combine spaghetti, sausage, onion, mushrooms, tomatoes, basil, garlic and 4 1/2 cups water; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until pasta is cooked through and liquid has reduced, about 8-10 minutes. Stir in Parmesan and butter.
- We added the butter to add some creaminess to it. We were going to had about ¼ cup of heavy cream but ours had gone bad
- We wanted some more veggies and we love mushrooms
- Adapted from Dam Delicious