Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Rosy Cooler - refreshing drink with strawberries and basil

One thing I love about the summer is the refreshing cocktails with fresh ingredients you can make.  When I dine out I am always looking at the cocktail menu (even if I am not drinking for some inspiration) for the restaurants seasonal offerings.

As I was surfing the Internet and magazines I came across the drink called the Rosy Cooler by Angry Orchard.  It is refreshing and has great flavor.  The first drink I made I followed the recipe exactly (except the simple syrup – I just eye balled it).  The second time I made it I used more of the vanilla vodka and I enjoyed the drink even more.

Rosy Cooler
INGREDIENTS
                2 medium strawberries, quartered
                2 basil leaves, torn
                2 wedges of lime
                1/2 oz. simple syrup
                4 oz. Angry Orchard Crisp Apple Cider
                1 oz. regular or vanilla vodka (optional)
DIRECTIONS

In a pint glass, gently muddle together strawberries, basil, lime and simple syrup. Fill glass with ice and top with cider and vodka.


My picture isn't the best but you get the idea!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on the Tales of One Woman's Dream blog are now DOFOLLOW. All comments are welcome, however, anonymous negative comments will be deleted. I will also not post any racist, sexist, or otherwise bigoted comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails