Monday, July 21, 2014

Easy Cheesy Tuna Noodle Casserole

When you are trying to clean out your house to put it on the market in about month you can't keep buying tons of staples and groceries at the store - you have to clean out the cabinets because who wants to move can goods and a freezer full of items????

I am fortunate to be a stay-at-home mom during the summer with my twin boys since I am a teacher.  With twin toddlers lunch (and dinner too) can be interesting be cause how how choosy they can be about meal.  I hate to say picky because fortunately they do eat just about nay thing and love International cuisine.  They choosy part is the mood they are in and if they are in the mood for what you make.  One day they love something and want multiple servings but the next time you make it they refuse to eat it.


Back on track to what I made.  I was going through the cabinet and looking at what we had because I wash't in the mood for a hot dog, chicken nugget or fish sticks.  I noticed a had a couple cans of cream of mushroom, about 3/4 box of elbow noodles, few cans or tuna fish and BOOM why not Tuna Noodle Casserole which I hadn't had in a while.  I normally like to add brad crumbs on top but we had none.





Easy Cheesy Tuna Noodle Casserole

Ingredients:



  • 1 6 oz can of tuna fish, drained
  • 1 box of elbow noodles (I had just a little under 3/4 box)
  • 1 10.75 oz can of Cream of Mushroom (I used Fat Free)
  • 1 small onion
  • 2 cups of frozen peas 
  • 1 tablespoon of butter
  • 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese (I like cheesy so I use heaping cups)
  • Garlic salt (optional)
  • Oil (optional)

Directions:



  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
  2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil (optional: add oil to the water to prevent sticking). Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. 
  3. In skillet add 1 TBSP butter and sauté chopped onions.  I sprinkle some garlic salt on mine.  If using frozen peas I toss them in once onions are soft so they can thaw quickly
  4. Over medium heat, combine the cream of mushroom soup, peas, canned tuna, and 1 cup of the cheddar cheese. 
  5. Gently fold pasta into the soup mixture and mix thoroughly. 
  6. Pour pasta and soup mixture into a baking dish. (I spray mine with Pam pray)
  7. Sprinkle remaining cup of cheese on top.
  8. Bake until cheese is warm and bubbly



Note:  You can edit this recipe for what you have on hand.  If I was adding breadcrumbs I would shake them on top of the cheese before placing it in the oven.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on the Tales of One Woman's Dream blog are now DOFOLLOW. All comments are welcome, however, anonymous negative comments will be deleted. I will also not post any racist, sexist, or otherwise bigoted comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails