A slower cooker/crock pot can be your best friend but I also discovered that a One Pot Wonder can be too! There are many times I have tried a recipe from a magazine or from a website and honestly they can be hit or miss!!!
Besides the grill and my crock pot the Dutch Oven is my friend in the kitchen. After surfing pint rest I noticed a new popular item people are pinning are some One Pot Wonders. We love using fresh and seasonal ingredients when possible so the Zucchini Mushroom Pasta recipe I found on the blog Damn Delicious was the one to try. (The blog has other One Pot Wonder recipes to try!)
For the most part I followed the recipe except I slightly made some minor changes which you will see in my notes. We all agreed we enjoyed this dish!!!
ONE POT ZUCCHINI MUSHROOM PASTA
|My picture of isn't as spectacular as the one at Damn Delicious|
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced and quartered
- 2/3 cup peas (I used frozen since I the store I was at didn't have fresh)
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced (I ALWAYS have a large jar of minced in my fridge and I used more than it called for since I am a big garlic person)
- 2 sprigs thyme (I used 3-4 sprigs)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan (I used more and its was a bag of shredded)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Grill pan chicken breast seasoned and then cut up (I added this)
- In a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium high heat, combine spaghetti, mushrooms, zucchini, peas, garlic, thyme and 4 1/2 cups water; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until pasta is cooked through and liquid has reduced, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add chicken and then stir in Parmesan and heavy cream. (The chicken was my addition to the recipe)
My tweaks for next time: