Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I am always asked "Why Restaurants?"

I can't count how many times I have been asked why I got into doing restaurant reviews as people ask me and how it all started.

First let me say I don't like to consider myself a restaurant reviewer or critique but some who shares their experiences.

How it all started...
A few years back while I was attending College of Notre Dame in MD I was required for my one class to start a blog about anything I wanted.  Well since I grew up in a town that only has 2 red lights called Muncy, PA (not counting what is at the Lycoming Mall- which did have a Friendly's) there wasn't many restaurants around to eat at except some fast food joints, bars and "mom & pop" joints.  If you want more selection you had to jump on I-180 and drive about 20 minutes to Williamsport, PA (home of the little league world series).  It was the "big" city for us- nothing compared to Baltimore by any means.  Here you would find some chains like Red Lobster, Olive Garden, and other local places.  So I figure now that I live in the real "big" city I didn't want to eat at chain places all the time and wanted to explore the world of restaurants here in Baltimore. So I started blogging about where we went as a record for myself. Then before I knew I gained followers and they kept on coming. Then I got picked up by Foodbuzz.com and then some other sites asked me to be a featured writer and then finally came along Examiner.com.  Plus a few other places after that wanted to feed my articles.  So that is how it all started.

I am very thankful that this sort of fell in my lap because I have had some great experiences from it and met some great people (could name them all put that would take a while).  It has also brought some great experiences for my husband because he does photography and has taken taken some YUMMY food shots!


Click here to learn where all you can find my restaurant writings



Let us rise up and be thankful,
for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little,
and if we didn't learn a little,
at least we didn't get sick,
and if we got sick, at least we didn't die;
so, let us all be thankful.

- The Buddha



1 comment:

  1. So what you're saying is....there's better food in the world than Orlie's?

    LOL

    HUGS girlie.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on the Tales of One Woman's Dream blog are now DOFOLLOW. All comments are welcome, however, anonymous negative comments will be deleted. I will also not post any racist, sexist, or otherwise bigoted comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails