So this week in my library I am reading to the younger kids a great book called “The Three Little Fish and the Big Bad Shark”. The kids really get a kick out of this story and quickly associate it to the “Three Little Pigs”.
These stories fit into the genre of fractured fairy tales which are stories that use fairy tales we know and change the characters, setting, point of view or plot.
I wish you could have seen the kids get into the story and help me do the voices! I love seeing the excitement in their eyes when they get into a story and can’t wait to find out what happens. After we read the story we did some fun and cute songs from Dr. Jean's album Dr. Jean Sings Silly Songs called “Baby Fish” and “Five Fish Swimming in the Sea”. I know the kids love to show of to their teacher so we practiced “Baby Fish” a few times so they could perform it to their teacher.
This excitement and joy is why I became a teacher. Yes, being a teacher is a VERY stressful job but it is worth it at the end of the day! Seeing those smiles on their face is worth everything!
Other great Three Little Pigs stories:
- The Three Little Gators
- Three Little Tamales
- The Three Horrid Pigs and the Big Friendly Wolf
- Alaska's Three Pigs
- The Three Swingin' Pigs
- Three Little Hawaiian Pigs and the Magic Shark
- The Three Little Wolves and the Big Bad Pig
- Three Little Cajun Pigs
- The True Story of the Three Little Pigs
- The Three Little Pigs
- The Three Little Pigs: An Architectural Tale
- The Three Little Pigs: The Graphic Novel
- Ziggy Piggy and the Three Little Pigs
- The Three Little Javelinas