I may lack in the sleep department and I may gets frazzled and stressed but I am doing my best to give it all I got and not let it get the best of me. Yes two babies is a hand full and if you have only been one baby you could never understand how dealing with two babies is!
Support from family and friends is the best gift ever - even when I say there is nothing you can do (just find something around the house that needs done - unload dishwasher, throw in a load of wash or you can even give the gift of a meal which takes a HUGE load off)!
So a typical day with the Twins...
- 6 am: feed and change - then I/we try to go back to sleep
- 9 am: feed and change - up and gotta go wash bottles
- 12 pm: feed and change - find something for myself to eat
- 3 pm: feed and change - think about dinner that we need to eat between 4-5
- 6 pm: feed and change - wash more bottles and get 8 bottles together for the night time feedings
- 9 pm: feed and change - we turn the lights out ASAP and go to bed ourselves
- 12 am: feed and change - hope they go to sleep right away so that we can
- 3 am: feed and change - what time is it? Everything is blurring together
- 6 am : start all over again
So I started to think about (or as much as my brain would allow)...
- We use at least 16 diapers a day
- Dirty 16 bottles in 24 hours
- I pump 16 times a day for 10-30 mins
- During the night I sleep in 1-2 hour stints
- Run the dishwasher 2-4 times a day with bottles in it and sometimes nothing else
- Was at least one load a wash a day
- Fill the diaper pail up in about 1.5 days maybe 2 days
- Drink enough water that I seriously think I will burst or float away
- Shower when I can (which is not every day)
- Live in my PJs if I am not leaving the house
- Sometimes forget what day it is
- Welcome visitors who are willing to help!
- Wish I won the lottery so I could have a personal chef and house cleaner
- Find that the internet is my sense of sanity