Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The bathroom smelt like cupcakes

So today was the big day for the hysterosalpingogram (HSG) which is an X-ray test that looks at the inside of the uterus and fallopian tubes and the area around them. It often is done for women who are having a hard time becoming pregnant- Me!


Pictures are taken using a steady beam of X-ray as a dye passes through the uterus and fallopian tubes. The pictures can show problems such as an injury or abnormal structure of the uterus or fallopian tubes, or a blockage that would prevent an egg moving through a fallopian tube to the uterus.

My Dr warned me before hand that it is uncomfortable and you would feel cramping during and after- so he told me to take a pain killer about an hour before hand. 

So the experience uh?  Well it wasn't the most pleasant thing- it did hurt and there was cramping but once the procedure got started it really only took about 10 minutes.  Plus being in a gown with your tush peeping out with a room of 3 people is sort of unsettling too :/  The Dr, nurse and X-ray technician were very comforting and the two ladies talked to me about all sorts of things so I wasn't paying attention (asking how long I have been married, where we meet and where I got my new wedding band).  The sweet nurse even held my hands the entire time.


The results I was told that the dye passed so there is no blockage but my right tube is extended (???). I was told that my Dr would go over the results with me at my next appointment and decided what and where we would go from here.  I head back to my Dr on I believe August 20th.


Oh yeah- the cupcakes!  So of course in all nervousness (like most normal people) I had to go the bathroom before hand and when I walked in the restroom it smelt like vanilla cupcakes and yet not sickeningly sweet.

1 comment:

  1. That's AWESOME! This is going to be fantastic!

    I just know it!...

    ReplyDelete

Comments on the Tales of One Woman's Dream blog are now DOFOLLOW. All comments are welcome, however, anonymous negative comments will be deleted. I will also not post any racist, sexist, or otherwise bigoted comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails