Saturday, April 30, 2011

Its been awhile but here are some updates

It has been awhile since I have posted and given an update- the last few weeks if not months have been a bit of a whirl wind and has moved by so quickly!

I am officially not working any more as of April 27th.  We are now 31 weeks as of today and a lot to get done.  The showers are over and were all amazing- THANK YOU everyone!

Its official I have gestational diabetes but I only failed the tests by 1-2 points so I dont have a bad case.  There is nothing that I did that brought this on.  Being over 30 increases your risk plus I had some of the other triggers that were passed on to me. SO what does this mean?  Well I have to test my glucose levels 4 times a day with a meter and have a certain meal plan I have to follow.  They actually added more eating to my day  LOL  My day consists of eating x-amount of carbohydrates, proteins etc at each meal.

I am to eat around the following times: 7:30 (breakfast), 10 (snack), 12:15 (lunch), 3:30 (snack), 5:30 (dinner), 8:30 (snack) and a small snack when I wake up to pee in the middle of the night.

My Diastolic (lower number for blood pressure) has gone up a tiny bit so they put me on some meds to take twice a day.  They arent concerned about it but just put me on the meds to help prevent issues.

Everything else is going good.  Really not swelling at all, weight gain is normal, etc.

Tomorrow (Saturday) I turn 31 weeks.  They told me today that they will be scheduling my c-section around 38 weeks if all goes good unless they need to do it earlier because something happens or goes wrong.  So I turn 38 weeks on June 18th so the boys will be here around this time as of now. SO make a mental note on your calendar!!!!!!!  Its only 7 weeks away!!!!

Next week we have our OB tour and I have my next ultrasound.  I am going to the Dr every 2 weeks but that will be switching to once a week soon.  May 20th we have our multiples class.

We are narrowing down the list of names and now that Hubby is no longer sick we are moving forward on the Nursery.  As this progresses and gets done we will be sure to pass on pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on the Tales of One Woman's Dream blog are now DOFOLLOW. All comments are welcome, however, anonymous negative comments will be deleted. I will also not post any racist, sexist, or otherwise bigoted comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails